Friday, June 28, 2013

Visit to Waldo

Today I went to Waldo Farmer's and Flea Market and visited their Antique shop.  It's fairly close so I was able to get there and see a lot before I had to leave.  It would take quite some time to see all the booths at once so I just concentrated on areas that caught my eye.

Their ad says "just look for the big, white horse" and he is.
 

This is the shop entrance and here's their link.  Waldo's Antique Village
 

This was a nicely laid out booth.  I'm afraid my picture doesn't do it justice but there was a nice selection of varied items, displayed in an organized manner without being crowded.


Liked this huge sign.
 
 
But this was my favorite item.
 
Mostly I was just looking, like my course materials suggest, so I can learn more about antiques and collectables (and the difference), but I did buy a lovely pewter pitcher and a couple of small but cute solid brass cats for what I think was a good price.  By the way, I did get my exam back and I made a good grade.  Actually, I got all my questions right except for the one I skipped over like it wasn't even there.  I don't know how I managed to do that.  Must have been sunspots that day.
 
My next trip, soon I hope, will be down to Smiley's Antique mall, just down I-75 near Micanopy.
 
Happy antiquing!


2 comments:

  1. This looks like such a fun place. Love that big horse and it's definitely an eye catcher. Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Want that CocaCola sign! Have not been there is so long, it's been years. I never think about it - so busy but putting this on the schedule :)

    ReplyDelete